Cog Thread Lift
What is PDO Cog Thread Therapy?
- An excellent and effective cosmetic technique to lift and tighten sagging skin
- Re-defines facial contours.
- Lifting effect can last for up to 2 – 3 years.
- Thethread will form an integral support structure for the tissue of the face due to collagen synthesis
The lifting effect is at its peak 6 months later when collagen has formed around the threads.
- Skinrejuvenation from the natural wound healing process. PDO Thread Therapy originated from the traditional thread-lifting philosophy in Western medicine as well as “threads-embedding therapy” in oriental acupuncture therapy to control and improve tissue stimulation and muscle contraction. The product used for PDO Cog Thread Therapy is a fine needle (21G-30G) affixed to the absorbable thread (thickness of 0.05mm-0.40mm and length of 25mm-140mm). The needle is inserted into the subcutaneous layer of the skin, and when it is taken out, the threads remain implanted in the skin. Insertion of dozens of needles to the deeper layer of skin with absorbable threads activates their natural regenerative process and mechanical stimulation of wound healing and tissue contraction.
Mono, Screw and Cog Threads
The most recent development in thread lifting has been the introduction of cogthreads. A move away from the traditional monofilaments to barbed threads, this new shape induces higher chronic inflammatory reaction causing a higher rate of fibroblast conversion during wound healing process. As a result, clients can achieve a longer lasting and more visible effect after a single treatment. The threads are 100% PDO (Polydioxanone), a clinically proven bio-compatible material that is already widely used in medical suturing. Polydioxanone (PDS) has a long safety track record in surgery. Ethicon’s wound suturing material PDS 11 is polydioxanone and has been in use for wound closure around the world for over a decade. In Korea polydioxanone (PDS) has been used for about 6 years in orthopedic (frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, golf elbow etc.) and cosmetic (skin rejuvenation, skintightening and face ‘lifting’ indications) procedures. The popularity of PDO threadscan be attributed to the safety of polydioxanone, ease of insertion of the threads, excellent results, minor side effects and the very low incidence of complications.
Which Areas Are Treatable Using Pdo Threads?
- Forehead (Brow Lifting)
- Jaw line
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Naso-labial folds (Mouth to nose)
- Marionette lines (Sagging mouth)
PDO Cog Threads can very effectively strengthen the contour of the face, reduce roundness, lift sagging skin in the cheeks, jowls, neck and also produce an excellent eye brow lift by Best Cosmetic Surgeon – Dr. Monica Jacob.
- Enhancesskin tone, tightening pores.
- Ideal to combine with micro needling,PRP, laser, chemical peel.
- 100% bio-compatible, no scarring and minimal risk.
- Collagen induction + tightened and liftedskin
PDO Cog Thread Lift Procedure
At Bodyz Wellness, Local anesthetic is injected into the treatment area. The PDOThread will then be introduced using a cannula or micro-needle in the required area. The procedure takes around 45-60 minutes, depending on what treatment you will require by Best Cosmetic Surgeon – Dr. Monica Jacob. You will normally be able to fully resume your everyday routine and social commitments within a couple of days. When you combine PDO Therapy with PRP, Fillers and Botox great results can be achieved.
FAQ’s on Cog Thread Lift Treatment
Who is a good candidate for a tread lift?
The best candidates are men and women who are beginning to experience theappearance of wrinkles on the forehead, drooping of the brow, sagging of the mid and lower face, visible jowls and loose skin on the neck.
Which areas are most effectively treated with PDO THREADS?
For the face, these would be lifting of the eye brows, naso?labial folds, marionette lines, cheeks, jaw line and double chins.
What are the PDO Threads made of?
These threads are 100% Polydioxanone which is a clinically proven bio?compatible and bio?absorbable material that is already widely used medical suturing.
Can the PDO Threads be used alongside other aesthetic procedures?
PDO Threads Therapy can be used alone or can be combined with other treatments to deliver optimal results e.g.: Fillers, Anti?wrinkle injections, Sculptra, PRP, Micro?needling, Peels, Radiofrequency and Fractional Laser Treatments
Who should perform the PDO Thread treatments?
Only trained professionals who have attended a full training course are certified to perform this procedure. When do you see the results with the PDO threads? There can be an immediate improvement seen after treatments with a visible lift in the areas treated. This will improve over a period of 2?6 months as new collagen grows between the threads and gives further lift and tightening to the skin. The PDOThreads gradually dissolve over about 6 months, but the resulting lift remains.
How long do the results usually last for?
This varies depending on the patient’s age at the time of treatment, the quality of the skin, degree of sagging and the number of threads used. However, studies have shown that results can last between 2?3 years.
Are there any side effects with the PDO Threads?
PDO Cog Thread lifting is a very safe procedure and complications are extremely rare. Minor complications may include temporary swelling and bruising. Patients may feel slight tightness or a pulling sensation following the treatment but this subsides over a few weeks.
How Much Cost of Cog Thread Lift Treatment-
The Cost of Cog Thread Lift Treatment for men & women will depend relatively upon the skin type, scheme, depth, volume and other facilities catering on your needs and desires from the procedure. For an estimate on how much your procedure may cost, we recommend that you communicate Bodyz Wellness Now! On +91 9819072175 or firstname.lastname@example.org ORjacobmonica1@gmail.com OR Contact Us and get the best chance to know about your procedures and related clubbed offers from our cosmetic counselor experts.
Bodyz Wellness is all inclusive of latest technologies and advanced resources to carry out well known procedures at very affordable consideration, we will be happy to arrange a consultation for you. Kindly fill up the enquiry box below and on sidebar So, we could direct our cosmetic consultant to revert you with your best match.
We located at Kandivali, Andheri, Goregaon and Bandra in Mumbai.